Pitruco Pizza Vs. Nomad Pizza

So the story
goes something like this. Driving yesterday in the am a Pizza truck passes by me at a fast pace. I am able to quickly make out the name Pitruco. So my obsession begins. I quickly google the name on my phone and am delighted I was right, it's a mobile pizza truck. I though to myself I gotta try this! On my mind for most of the day about 1:00 past noon I make my way to find the truck. Easy enough, they tweet and post the location. The Philadelphia train station it is! Making my way thru a perpetual 76 traffic jam and congestion around the station I arrive but now my challenge is finding parking. Oh I just want to try this pizza why is life so difficult sometimes. Finally after 15 minutes of searching I get a spot, exit my vehicle and make my way to truck. Here is is in this photo. "Sorry, we are out of Pizza!" The story does not end there!


Day two: Exiting my office in Manayunk, there is a street festival today with food trucks. And one block from my office, I come face to face with Pitruco Pizza Truck! One days loss is another days gain and I and squarely back in the game!



Hum.... what to have.... How about a Margarita with sausage. They only have 2 or 3 choices. I ask to make sure they are small pieces of sausage and they say yes.


Strange yesterday sold out, today at festival no line!
 At first glance, looks a bit under cooked but still looks like a legit pie.
 It's thicker than I would prefer. This cut seems to be cooked right.
 Can't say I'm in love folks. It's not bad, it's pretty good just not great. Something is missing. I think perhaps it's not cooled so well. Oh man, $11 bucks $13 with bottle of water and I'm not feeling satiated. Three girls plop down right next to me and to their astonishment I say to them would you like my pizza, I ate half to be exact. Startled at first but realizing my sincerity, they gladly took it.

But now I'm un satiated. Dam it's not easy being a pizza guy falling on the gastronomic sword. It's not easy trying to play the role of Pizza super hero, flying thru the clouds of Mozzarella di Bufo trying to keep bad pizza from taking over the word. Today I was no happy Luigi. My name is Carmen for the record.
But Wait, what is this I see? Can it be the gastronomic universe is watching me and perhaps throwing me a proverbial bone today????

Into the story steps Nomad Pizza! Every once in a while a super hero needs saving and today is just one of those days. Like kryptonight weakening me I'm not the super hero that woke up and had an amazing quad espresso this am.

 
 Hum. Look at this truck.
 Notice the oven is on the outside. That must be one HOT oven. (KEY TO GREAT PIZZA)
 This is a total authentic pizza operation in the mobile world.
Wood Fired and look at the FIRE.
PERFECTION!!!!! Look how cooked! Notice the peperoni is folded up, that' a sign of quality meat and cooked to perfection. (to be fair I ordered peperoni because they didn't have sausage)
Price $11 
 This tagliare (cut) stands on it's own!
Conclusion: Hands down Nomad Pizza wins, Perhaps there is no way to get an oven inside a truck hot enough, or perhaps they just don't pay as close attention to detail but the Pirtuco Pizza truck was just ok. It's not that it was bad it just wasn't great where as hands down Nomad was amazing.

Today I give Pitruco 3 out of 6 Slices and Nomad 6 out of 6 Slices.

Pitruco Pizza

pitrucopizza.com/
Please see our locations page to find out where we are today. about pitruco about us. pitruco locations locations. pitruco menu menu. pitruco events events.
Locations - ‎Menu - ‎About - ‎Events
 

Nomad Pizza Company - Home - Philadelphia

www.nomadpizzaco.com/
Nomad Pizza Company provides a pizzeria and a traveling wood fired brick oven. We will cater your party and serve the best pizza you've ever tasted.
4.1
10 Google reviews · Write a review
 
Last Cuts: Pitruco's truck was white in side and spotless, the guys seemed to really care. Keep Trying Pitruco you'll get there!!! 

 

Comments

  1. Today we stopped in Portland to eat at some trucks and then we were on our way to Seattle to visit our great friends, Krista and Ryan, who live there. Food Truck Wedding

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment